Mapleton Hill Media is seeking a Senior UX / UI Designer to join our team. Our core focus is designing clean, intuitive, web applications for a wide variety of clients. Being a small team allows our designers to collaborate across multiple projects and a typical day can include project planning, wireframing, UX discussions, and visual design review.
- You’re a team player that enjoys a collaborative design process.
- Creation of page layouts/flows/UIs with expert sensitivity to hierarchy, color palettes, typography, iconography and final production assets, while monitoring design consistency across all projects.
- Produce rapid prototypes for user testing, page layouts, user interface elements as needed for project design deliverables
- Communicate your design thinking to designers, developers, product managers, etc. through appropriately detailed specifications and reviews.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, making deadlines consistently.
- Participation and collaboration on concept development and design ideation.
- Work directly with the development teams to ensure designs are implemented to your design specifications.
- 5+ years as a user experience designer
- Strong online portfolio of UX/UI and visual design work
- Expert knowledge of: Adobe Creative Suite, Axure
- Expert with wireframing/prototyping
- Great talent for understanding and improving web site architecture
- Passionate about user experience and web site usability
- Ability to translate the business goal and user experience into a site map
- Expert visual design skills within the product space: layout, hierarchy, typography, color theory, patterns, asset production, and attention to pixel-level details.
- Solid understanding and application of user-centered design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions.
- You can take a task and deliver on it but also work well in a collaborative environment
- You quickly understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs; you can communicate those tradeoffs to fellow decision makers.
- You’re not a diva, and you see feedback as an opportunity to make a design better.
- You keep a user focus through the design and development process.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Design experience in mobile or tablet
- Experience facilitating or running user research studies
At Mapleton Hill Media we work in a fast-paced environment yet value a fun, laid-back culture. Our office is located at Pearl and Broadway with direct access to all downtown Boulder has to offer.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- RTD Bus Pass
- New Laptop
- Stocked Fridge, Coffee, and Snacks
- Bike parking
- Pearl Street Mall Location
Our Hiring Process
Step 1: Submit your info to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear about your work, but are also interested in links to past projects, your resume and/or portfolio, personal website, or anything else that tell us about you.
Step 2: Write code. We find it helpful to have our applicants come into the office, write a little code, and discuss it with us. We're curious to see how you solve problems and to talk about the decisions you make when programming.