Mapleton Hill Media is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to join our team. Our core focus is designing clean, intuitive, web applications for a wide variety of clients. Being a small team allows our designers to collaborate across multiple projects and a typical day can include project planning, wireframing, UX discussions, and visual design review.
- Communicating and collaborating with clients to understand their business goals and their customers’ needs.
- Communicate your design thinking to other designers, developers, product managers, etc. through appropriately detailed specifications and reviews.
- Produce rapid prototypes for user testing, page layouts, user interface elements as needed for project design deliverables
- Creation of page layouts/flows/UIs with expert sensitivity to hierarchy, color palettes, typography, iconography and final production assets, while monitoring design consistency across all projects.
- Work directly with the development teams to ensure designs are implemented to your design specifications.
- At least 3-5 years of real-world experience as a user experience designer
- Strong online portfolio of UX/UI and visual design work
- Expert with wireframing/prototyping/information architecture
- Expert visual design skills within the product space: layout, hierarchy, typography, color theory, patterns, asset production, and attention to pixel-level details.
- Solid understanding and application of user-centered design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions.
- You quickly understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs; you can communicate those tradeoffs to fellow decision makers.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator
- Expert knowledge of Axure RP
Nice to Have
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Design experience in mobile or tablet
- Experience facilitating or running user research studies
This job is perfect for you if
- The user is at the center of your design process.
- You’re self-motivated and able to work independently, making deadlines consistently.
- You’re a team player that enjoys a collaborative design process.
- You’re not a diva, and you see feedback as an opportunity to make a design better.
About Mapleton Hill Media
At Mapleton Hill Media we work in a fast-paced environment yet value a fun, laid-back culture. Our office is located at Pearl and Broadway with direct access to all downtown Boulder has to offer.
Employee Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- RTD Bus Pass
- New Laptop
- Stocked Fridge, Coffee, and Snacks
- Bike parking
- Pearl Street Mall Location
Our Hiring Process
Step 1: Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear about your work, but are also interested in links to past projects, your resume and/or portfolio, personal website, salary requirements, and anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself.
Step 2: Design a single-screen user interface. We find it helpful to have our applicants to design a user interface and discuss it with us. We're curious to see how you solve problems and to talk about the decisions you make during the design process. It also gives us a good glimpse at your design sensibility.