Mapleton Hill Media is seeking a UX / UI Designer to join our team. Our core focus is designing clean, intuitive, database-driven web applications for a wide variety of clients. Being a small team allows our designers to collaborate across multiple projects and a typical day can include project planning, UX discussions, and design review.
- You’re a team player that enjoys a collaborative design process.
- Creation of page layouts/flows/UIs with expert sensitivity to hierarchy, color palettes, typography, iconography and final production assets, while monitoring design consistency across all projects.
- Produce rapid prototypes for user testing, page layouts, user interface elements as needed for project design deliverables
- Communicate your design thinking to designers, developers, product managers, etc. through appropriately detailed specifications and reviews.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, making deadlines consistently.
- Participation and collaboration on concept development and design ideation.
- Work directly with the development teams to ensure designs are implemented to your design specifications.
- Great talent for understanding and improving web site architecture
- Passionate about user experience and web site usability
- Expert with wireframing/prototyping software (Axure or Balsamiq)
- Ability to translate the business goal and user experience into a site map
- 2+ years as a user experience designer
- Strong online portfolio showing application wireframes and visual design
- Expert visual design skills within the product space: layout, hierarchy, typography, color theory, patterns, asset production, and attention to pixel-level details.
- Solid understanding and application of user-centered design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions.
- You can take a task and deliver on it but also work well in a collaborative environment
- You quickly understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs; you can communicate those tradeoffs to fellow decision makers.
- You’re not a diva, and you see feedback as an opportunity to make a design better.
- You keep a user focus through the design and development process.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Design experience in mobile or tablet
- Experience facilitating or running user research studies
- At Mapleton Hill Media we work in a fast-paced environment yet value a fun, laid-back culture. Our office is located at Pearl and Broadway with direct access to all downtown Boulder has to offer.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- RTD Bus Pass
- New Laptop
- Stocked Fridge, Coffee, and Snacks
- Bike parking
Our Hiring Process
Step 1: Submit your info to email@example.com. We want to hear about your work, but are also interested in links to past projects, your resume and/or portfolio, personal website, or anything else that tell us about you.
Step 2: Next we’ll forward you a UX/Viusal design test that will help us see into how you work in areas such as concept development, wire framing and visual design. We’re curious to see how you solve problems and to talk about the decisions you make when designing user experiences.